The Diocese of Knoxville has formally confirmed the boundaries for St. Michael the Archangel Parish in Erwin in Unicoi County, St. Christopher Parish in Jamestown in Fentress County, St. Albert the Great Parish in Knoxville, and St. Teresa of Kolkata Parish in Maynardville in Union County.
After consulting with the diocesan Presbyteral Council and in accordance with canon law, Bishop Richard F. Stika decreed that St. Michael the Archangel’s parish boundary be all of Unicoi
Bishop Stika decreed that St. Christopher’s parish boundary be all of Fentress and Pickett counties.
The bishop decreed that St. Teresa of Kolkata’s parish boundary be all of Union County.
And the bishop further decreed that St. Albert the Great’s parish boundary lines be:
- Highway 25W (Clinton Highway) to the southwest-west;
- the Knox County-Anderson County line to the northwest-north;
- the Knox County-Union County line to the north-northeast;
- the Knox County-Grainger County line to the northeast-east;
- Black Oak Ridge from Highway 25W to the Grainger County line to the south.